By Tammy Stokes, Cafe West Express
FAVE SUMMER RECIPES x COUNCIL
PINEAPPLE, H2O MELON & MINT SALAD
1. 8 cups of seedless watermelon, cubed
2. 4 cups of fresh pineapple, cubed
3. 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves, shaved
4. 1 fresh lime, juiced
1. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl saving the shaved mint until just before serving.
2. Mix and enjoy.
CHILLLED CUCUMBER SALAD + GARLICY TAHINI DRESSING
By Ellie Kempton, Simply Nourished Nutrition
Yield: 4 servings
Time prep: 15 min
1. 2 cucumbers
2. 1/2 tsp sea salt [divided]
3. 2 Tbsp Tahini
4. 2 Tbsp avocado oil
5. 2 Tbsp lemon juice
6. 2 garlic cloves [minced]
7. 1 tsp honey
8. black pepper [to taste]
9. 1 shallot [thinly sliced]
10. 1⁄4 cup Kalamata olives [pitted + chopped]
11. 1⁄4 cup mint [roughly chopped]
12. 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Shave cucumber with spiralizer, mandolin or vegetable peeler.
2. Sprinkle cucumber with 2 pinches of sea salt.
3. Place cucumber in colander over the sink to drain.
4. While cucumber drains, whisk together Tahini, avocado oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, remaining salt and pepper [to taste].
5. Place drained cucumber in a salad bowl and toss with the dressing, shallots and olives.
6. Top with mint + sesame seeds and serve cold.
JULES' FAVORITE GAZPACHO
By Jules Peláez, Conscious Cleanse
Yields 8 cups
1. ½ avocado
2. 5 large tomatoes, quartered
3. ½ cucumber, chopped
4. ½ red bell pepper, chopped
5. 2 cloves garlic, peeled
6. ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
7. Dash of cayenne pepper to taste
1. In a high speed blender, combine avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, garlic, sea salt and a few dashes of cayenne pepper and blend on high until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust the salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
3. Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator or enjoy immediately.