By Frank Dorr
I fell in love with this Raw Organic Almond Butter but it’s $20 per jar. Yikes. So…I tried making my own and found it’ simple, less expensive and just as delicious.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
3. Cover the baking sheet with a single layer of raw almonds, about 3 to 4 cups.
4. Roast the almonds for 10 minutes, flipping them half way through.
5. When the almonds have cooled, but still warm, pour them in a sturdy food processor.
Processing the almonds takes time, and patience. First they'll break down into almond flour, and eventually larger chunks will begin to form. Stop the food processor intermittently to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. This process takes nearly 15 minutes, but eventually a smooth creamy almond butter will form. Store at room temp.