By Tammy Stokes
1. 2 cups cooked faro
2. 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into medium cubes
3. 1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped and stems removed
4. 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
5. 1/2 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds
6. 3 scallions, sliced
7. 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
8. 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
9. 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
10. 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put sweet potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
2. Make the Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk and mash the chipotle pepper with the apple cider vinegar, and honey or maple syrup. Slowly, whisk in the oil. Add salt to taste.
3. Put the chopped kale in a large bowl. Add the roasted sweet potatoes while still hot and stir into the kale. This will soften the kale. Add the cooked farro, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, scallions and dressing while still warm.