By Frank Dorr
1. 1 cup sprouted mung beans, cooked according to package directions and cooled
2. 4 medium carrots, grated (about 3 cups)
3. 1/2 English cucumber, sliced thinly into half-moons
4. 1 small shallot minced
5. 1/4 grated fresh coconut
6. 1 small fresno chili
7. 1 clove garlic, grated
8. Zest of 1 lime
9. Juice of 2 limes
1. 1 tbsp grape-seed oil
2. 1/2 tsp chili flakes
3. 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
1. Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the grape-seed oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the mustard seeds and turn off the burner. The seeds may sizzle and spit.
3. Add the chili flakes, then pour the warm oil-and-spice mixture over the salad and toss well to combine.
4. Finish with chopped cilantro and flaky sea salt.
5. Serve with cilantro and salt as garnish.