By Tammy Stokes, Cafe West Express
1. 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
2. 1 1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
3. 3 tsp baking powder
4. 1 tsp baking soda
5. 1/4 tsp salt
6. 1/2 cup honey
7. 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
8. 1/4 cup coconut oil
9. Juice of a Meyer lemon
10. 1 tbsp of rosemary, finely chopped
11. 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. In a saucepan, over low heat, add the honey, coconut milk and coconut oil stirring until they are melted together. Careful not to boil or scorch the mixture.
3. Slowly pour the sauce pan ingredients into the cornmeal and flour mixture. Continue stirring until most of the large clumps are gone.
4. Fold in the lemon juice, chopped rosemary and vinegar.
5. Pour the batter into a coconut oil greased, 10 inch baking pan or cast iron skillet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Let cool before cutting into squares.