By Tammy Stokes | Cafe West Express
A deliciously textured soup, loaded with fiber, protein, nutrients and antioxidants.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 15 ounce can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach, shredded and set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion, leek, shallots, garlic and celery. Stirring often, cook until softened.
- Add the vegetable broth, beans, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until mix becomes fragrant.
- Carefully remove 2 cups of the soup and puree in a blender. Return the pureed soup to the stock pot. Stir. Add 1/2 cup of fresh spinach to each bowl and pour soup over the spinach. Stir. Top with fresh ground pepper. Serve immediately.