By Frank Dorr
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups (32 ounces) low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 (15-ounce) cans reduced-sodium white beans (white kidney beans, cannellini, or Great Northern beans) rinsed and drained
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small (or 1/2 large) yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges
For serving: diced jalapeno, diced avocado, nonfat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Top with the chicken broth, white beans, green chiles, garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate. Once cool enough to handle, shred and set aside.
- In Vitamix, puree a portion of the chili to thicken it, leaving some of the beans whole. Stir in the shredded chicken and cilantro.
- Portion into bowls and top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Add any other desired toppings and enjoy.