By Cat Tatman of i|e Intelligent Elixirs
For many, exfoliating is a skipped step in their skincare regimen. However, exfoliating your skin on the regular basis is a key to maintaining healthy, vibrant skin. Methods include physical (mechanical), chemical and enzymatic.
- Rejuvenates skin by promoting cellular turnover
- Clears away dead skin, debris and impurities to help prevent breakouts
- Enhances the absorption of other products
- Creates a smother, visibly more vibrant complexion
Exfoliating At Home
Exfoliating at home 2-3 times a weeks should be part of your weekly skincare routine and there are LOTS of great products you can easily incorporate into your regimen.
- Physical exfoliators are easy to use, safe and gentle when they utilize round, refined, granules, such as hydrated silica or jojoba beads. They gently remove dead skin & debris without irritation and leave complexion smooth and vibrant.
- For the face, avoid granules such as sugar, salt and ground pits or seeds. These have harsh edges and can cause micro-tears and irritate the skin. We also recommend avoiding microbeads because they are made of plastic and harmful to the environment and wildlife.
Product recommendations: Intelligent Elixirs Citrus Facial Scrub, Odacité Jojoba Beads Exfoliant